Serves: 1 | Ingredients: 5 | Time: 10 min | Difficulty: Easy | Kcal/serve: 100
Are you having some late night munchies for something salty. I for sure know that when the night falls and Im starting to get a bit restless I suddenly get the urge to have some potato chips or nachos but then often catch myself thinking that it might not be the best idea to munch up about 500 calories just before I hit the bed.
But don’t worry, I have the perfect substitute for you. These Healthy Taco Popcorns will not only satisfy your need for something salty, they are also super delicious and they don’t contain more then about 100 calories per serving. They are also cooked with Coconut Oil which is believed to metabolizes better than fats from other oils and thereby promote weight loss.
- 1/3 cup of Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Healthy Taco Popcorn:
- Stir together Salt, Taco Seasoning, and Coconut Oil in a pot.
- Boil on low heat until the Coconut Oil has melted.
- Pour in Popcorn Kernels in the Coconut Oil mix and stir until their all covered.
- Put the pot on the griddle, that is now on medium high temperature, and put on a lid.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes until there is about 1-2 seconds between each pop.
- Take the pot of the griddle and sprinkle the Parmesan Cheese over the Popcorn while it’s still hot.
So what are you waiting for, either get popping or check out another of our healthy recipes!