Serves: 4 | Ingredients: 11 | Time: 30 min | Difficulty: Easy | Kcal/serve: 130
Papaya is delicious fruit to eat as it is, but it’s also the main ingredient in the healthy Som Tam papaya salad. Som Tam has been on CNNs list the “World’s 50 most delicious foods” and is a very popular dish in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam much because of its ability to combine the five main tastes of sour, hot, salty, savory and sweet.
And this salad isn’t just super delicious, the chili in it will help to stabilize hunger feelings throughout the day and the papaya will aid your digestion after eating a spicy dish like this!
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Red Chili
- 100 g Long Beans
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Green Papayas
- 2 Tomatoes
- 5 tbsp juice from Lime
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 4 big leafs of Lettuce
How to Make Healthy Som Tam Papaya Salad:
- Chop the Garlic and Chili and then crush them together thoroughly in a mortar.
- Add the Long Beans and crush them a bit, then the chopped tomatoes and carrot and crush them a bit.
- Grate the Papaya into fine pieces, add them to the mix and crush carefully once more.
- Add the Lime juice, Fish Sauce and Palm Sugar and mix them around the salad.
- Serve the papaya mix on top of Lettuce leaves and sprinkle crushed Peanuts on the top.
Did you enjoy this recipe for Healthy Som Tam Papaya Salad? If you want a bigger meal, just add one of our healthy soups!