Serves: 4 | Ingredients: 10 | Time: 35 min | Difficulty: Medium | Kcal/serve: 260
The flu period is here! Protect yourself against all nasty germs with this healthy carrot soup that is absolutely packed with immune-enhancing ingredients such as garlic, chili and ginger.
It also contains a good dose of healthy coconut oil that can help you to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi and in the same time give you a quick energy boost!
So before you give in to coughs and snuffles, try out this healthy carrot soup with chili and ginger!
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Red Chili
- 6 Carrots
- 1 piece of Ginger (about the length of a thumb)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2,5 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cube Vegetable Stock
- Fish Sauce
- 1,7 cups Water
How to Cook Healthy Carrot Soup with Chili and Ginger:
- Peel the Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Carrots. Split the Chili lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Dice / slice the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a large pot. Add the Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Chili and let fry for a few minutes without taking color.
- Put the Carrots in the pan and let fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Pour on the Water, half of the Coconut Milk and the Vegetable Stock. Let it boil and then simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes, until the Carrots are soft.
- Mix the soup smooth in a blender. And then finish off by mixing down the remaining Coconut Milk.
- Season with a few generous splashes of Fish Sauce and a squeeze of Lemon.
Did you enjoy this recipe for Healthy Carrot Soup with Chili and Ginger? Check out our other healthy recipes!