Serves: 4 | Ingredients: 9 | Time: 45 min | Difficulty: Easy | Kcal/serve: 280
This Healthy Caldo De Camarão Soup from Cape Verde is a good choice if you want to keep up a good energy during a dark and cold winter!
The shrimps are an unusually concentrated source of the nutrient called astaxanthin which is an anti-inflammatory antioxidant and the bananas have high levels of tryptophan that the body converts into serotonin that makes you feel more happy and then of course less depressed.
- 1/2 kg Shrimps with shells
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Banana
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 liter Fish Stock
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1-2 Red Chillies
- 1 cup Water
How to Cook Healthy Caldo De Camarão Soup:
- Peel off the shells from the Prawns and use some of the Olive Oil to fry them (the shells) in a saucepan. Add the Water and cook the shells for 10 minutes then strain off the shells and save the broth.
- Peel and chop the Onion, Garlic and Tomatoes. Peel the Potatoes and Banana and cut into 1 cm thick slices. Finely chop the Red Chili.
- Heat the remaining olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan. Fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the shrimp and fish broth and boil the soup.
- Add the potatoes, banana, tomatoes and chillies, cover and cook the soup for 10-15 minutes. Add the prawns and season the soup with salt and pepper. Ready to eat!
Did you enjoy this recipe for Healthy Caldo De Camarão Soup? Want something else,then take a look at our other healthy recipes!