Serves: 4 | Ingredients: 12 | Time: 45 min | Difficulty: Easy | Kcal/serve: 542
It has long been known that the beetroot have possessed good qualities to help our body. Among other things, research has proven that this ugly little beet seems to have a positive effect on blood pressure and the betacyanin in the purple-red color is thought to work against the development of some types of cancers.
Despite all the good qualities, the beetroot has for a long time been underestimated in cooking, probably because of its strange appearance and that many people might think that it tastes as it looks. But once you tried this healthy beetroot salad with chèvre sauce you will see it for what it is, a sweet tasting, healthy and addictive root!
- 4-6 Beetroots
- 60 g Arugula Salad
- 70 g Pine Kernels
- 150 g Chèvre Cheese
- 1 cup Crème Fraiche/Sour Cream
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1-2 tbsp liquid Honey
- 1 bunch of fresh Thyme
- 1-3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-3 tbsp Butter
- White Pepper
- Sea Salt
How to Make Healthy Beetroot Salad with Chèvre Sauce:
- Peel the Beetroots and cut them into wedges. Put them in an ovenproof plate and drizzle over Olive Oil, Butter and a little bit of Honey on the top. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and let cook in the oven on 390 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the Beetroots are tender.
- Toast the Pine Kernels in a dry pan until they are golden brown.
- Start doing the sauce by cutting away the “skin” of the Chèvre. Mash the cheese with a fork and place in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of Sour Cream, a crushed clove of Garlic and a few Thyme leaves to the cheese and mix it together with a electric mixer. Flavor with a dash of Honey and White Pepper
- To finish of put a handful of Arugula on each plate and add the Beetroots at the top. Sprinkle over a pinch of Sea Salt and the roasted Pine Kernels and add the Chèvre sauce on the side. If you wish, you can drizzle over a little extra Honey and garnish with Chèvre Cheese and a sprig of Thyme.
This Healthy Beetroot Salad with Chèvre Sauce is a filling meal, but for special occasions maybe you’d like to add one of our healthy soups!